We are an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company regulated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, or the ''1940 Act.''
We were formed to expand the venture growth stage business segment of TriplePoint Capital LLC, our Sponsor, as part of its investment platform and will be the primary vehicle through which it focuses its venture growth stage business.
Our Sponsor, TriplePoint Capital LLC, is widely recognized as a leading global financing provider devoted to serving venture capital-backed companies with creative, flexible and customized debt financing, equity capital and complementary services throughout their lifespan. Our Sponsor is located on Sand Hill Road in Silicon Valley and has a primary focus in technology, life sciences and other high growth industries. Our Sponsor's portfolio of venture capital-backed companies included and/or includes widely recognized and industry-leading companies, including, among others, Facebook, YouTube, Bloom Energy, Chegg, Cyan, Etsy, Gilt Groupe, Oncomed, One Kings Lane, Proteolix, Ruckus Wireless, Segway, Shazam, Splunk, Square and Workday.
Our Sponsor utilizes a unique, relationship-based lending strategy which primarily targets companies funded by a select group of leading venture capital investors. Our Sponsor refers to this approach as the ''TriplePoint Lifespan Approach.'' Key elements of the TriplePoint Lifespan Approach include:
- establishing debt financing relationships with select venture capital-backed companies across all five lifecycle stages of development;
- working with our Sponsor's select group of leading venture capital investors to identify debt financing opportunities within their portfolio companies that have proven management teams, strong investor support, large market opportunities, innovative technology or intellectual property and sufficient cash on hand and equity backing to support a potential debt financing opportunity on attractive risk-adjusted terms;
- developing debt financing relationships as early as possible in a venture capital-backed company's lifecycle in order to have a real-time understanding of the company's capital needs and be in a strategic position to evaluate and capitalize on additional investment opportunities as the company matures;
- diligently monitoring the progress and ongoing creditworthiness of a borrower; and
- serving as a creative, flexible and dependable financing partner with a focus on efficiency, responsiveness and customer service.