Triplepoint Venture Growth BDC Corp.
Expanding the venture growth stage business segment of TriplePoint Capital
We are an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company regulated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, or the ”1940 Act.”
We were formed to expand the venture growth stage business segment of TriplePoint Capital LLC, our Sponsor, as part of its investment platform and will be the primary vehicle through which it focuses its venture growth stage business.
Differentiated Investment Strategy
- Provide financing primarily to venture capital-backed companies at the venture growth stage
- Target companies backed by a select group of leading venture capital investors
- Focus on technology, life sciences, and other high growth industries
Unique Sponsor Relationship
- Externally managed by our Adviser, a wholly owned subsidiary of TriplePoint Capital, the leading financing partner to venture capital-backed companies across all stages of development
- Benefits from TriplePoint Capital’s strong brand name, reputation, track record, industry relationships, and direct originations capabilities
- Generate current income with preservation of capital along with the potential for additional return through equity “kickers” in the form of warrants
- Invest in primarily secured, growth capital loans with targeted returns between 10% and 18%
Shareholder Friendly Fee Structure & Alignment
- 1.75% Management Fee
- 8% Annualized hurdle rate for income incentive fee
- Total return requirement whereby incentive fees are capped at 20% of cumulative pre-incentive fee net income looking back to our IPO date (March 5, 2014)
Our Sponsor, TriplePoint Capital LLC, is widely recognized as a leading global financing provider devoted to serving venture capital-backed companies with creative, flexible and customized debt financing, equity capital and complementary services throughout their lifespan. Our Sponsor is located on Sand Hill Road in Silicon Valley and has a primary focus in technology, life sciences and other high growth industries. Our Sponsor’s portfolio of venture capital-backed companies included and/or includes widely recognized and industry-leading companies, including, among others, Facebook, YouTube, Bloom Energy, Chegg, Cyan, Etsy, Gilt Groupe, Oncomed, One Kings Lane, Proteolix, Ruckus Wireless, Segway, Shazam, Splunk, Square and Workday.